About Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm]:
- Pharm. or Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate pharmacy course.Pharmacy is the art and science of preparing and dispensing drugs and medicines.
- Pharm syllabus covers all the facets of healthcare including bio-chemical areas that concern the preparation of medicines and implementing those for the right diagnose. Prevailing modernization in the field of Pharmacy has globally increased its value.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy engages studies of all those subjects that therapeutically help people provided from their medicines.
- The duration of B.Pharm is four years whose curriculum is divided into 8 Semesters by institutes like Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal, Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, and many others are top B.Pharm colleges in India.
- It helps to develop the skills to counsel the patients on the use of medicines and drugs. Students are expected to perform a number of experiments along with theory classes leading to B.Pharm Jobs.
- Pharmacy education and profession in India to graduate level is regulated by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), a statutory body governed by the provisions of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 passed by the Indian Parliament.
- There are a number of recognized universities worldwide which offer online pharmacy degree.
- Some of the online Pharmacy Degree Schools are University of Florida, Kaplan University, Baker College, Lehigh University, University of Phoenix, Grand Canyon University and the University of Liverpool.
What is Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm] ?
- Pharmacy is all about maintaining a standardized quality of people’s health and living.
As a student of B. Pharmacy, you learn about the medicines and their effect on the human body, with details of the chemical and organic properties of all the elements used.
The program teaches students how to become attentive professionals so as to ensure selection of a right drug for right treatment for which all topics of pharmacology, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, kinetics, pharmacy management, and compounding medications are covered.
It is an art of preparing drugs and medicines with complete and in-depth knowledge about its ill-effects with legit and consent data and instruction.
Knowledge about health care and biomedical science with the skills to predict the nature of medicines and analyze the same for the betterment of humanity is one among the key responsibilities of a B.Pharm Professional.
The most anticipate aspirants who want to pursue more knowledge and practical applications of the same can apply for the higher education in pharmacy i.e Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm].
- Pharmacy is one of the most advanced learning, and scope in terms of its complex terminologies, wide perception building attitude and basics techniques are tremendous.
- The aspirants have to go through a rigid yet interesting rollercoaster ride of four yearswhere they not only learn about medicines but also the attitude and benchmark to test them in the toughest situations.
- Working as an intern with some of the best and lavish organizations like Glaxo & Smith, FortisResearch and Development Center are some of the perks of studying pharmacy.
- The jobs after B.Pharm and salary is tremendous and there are job opportunities for B. Pharm graduates abroad in fields like in R & D (Research and Development),Analysis and Testing, Production and Manufacturing, Marketing, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm]:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy requires a candidate to have cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology as subjects.
- One must also pass with at least 50% aggregate marksin the Pre-University Course with biology/mathematics as one of the subjects, or complete a D.Pharma. (Diploma in Pharmacy).
- There is an option of pursuing Direct Second Year Bachelor of Pharmacy(Lateral Entry)if one has: Should have 50% aggregate marks in the First and Second year D. Pharmacy Examination with a pass in HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology) or Mathematics. Or
- Minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 examination as per Regulation (1a) above with pass in two year D. Pharmacy course.
- The criteria for a minimum percentage of marks may differ from institute to institute. In some states, it is also mandatory to give an additional pharmacy entrance examinationin order to be eligible for the course.